PLN Community Meeting 2016
The 2016 PLN Community Meeting will be held at Stanford University on October 11 and 12. Both days of the meeting will take place in room 370 of the Lathrop Library.
- 9 am - noon: General meeting
- 9:00 - 9:15: Coffee
- 9:15 - 9:30: Welcome
- 9:30 - 10:15: Update from LOCKSS
- 10:15 - 10:30: Break
- 10:30 - 12:00: Roundtable updates from the PLNs
- noon - 1 pm: Lunch (provided)
- 1 - 4:30: General meeting
- 1:00 - 2:30: Facilitated discussion: LAAWS + community software development
- 2:30 - 2:45: Break
- 2:45 - 3:30: Presentations
- 3:30 - 4:30: Facilitated discussion: bags + PLN data hand-offs
- 7 pm: Dinner (provided, location TBD)
- 9:30 - noon: Unconference sessions
- noon - 1: Lunch on campus (on your own/small groups)
- 1 - 4:00: Unconference sessions
Registration is free, and open to all PLNs. As in previous years, we need to limit the number of participants from each PLN to two. If you haven’t already, please let Nicholas know if you would plan to attend so we can budget appropriately for catering.
So far we have these:
- Overview of digital preservation assessment methods (certification / self-assessment tools) - Umar Qasim
- Hands on with LOCKSS-O-Matic - Mark Jordan and Michael Joyce
- Brainstorming ways to simplify/streamline plugin development and content testing - Tom Lipkis
- Strategies for exposing content in PLNs - James Jacobs
Other options may be found in either direction along El Camino Real, though this may put you outside of walking distance. Consult the system map for the free Stanford University shuttle or other local transportation options.
Public transportation options to/from local airports and around the area can be found here.