PLN Community Meeting 2016
The 2016 PLN Community Meeting will be held at Stanford University on October 11 and 12. Both days of the meeting will take place in room 370 of the Lathrop Library.
- 9 am - noon: General meeting
- 9:00 - 9:15: Coffee
- 9:15 - 9:30: Welcome
- 9:30 - 10:15: Update from LOCKSS
- 10:15 - 10:30: Break
- 10:30 - 12:00: Roundtable updates from the PLNs
- noon - 1 pm: Lunch (provided)
- 1 - 4:30: General meeting
- 1:00 - 2:30: Facilitated discussion: LOCKSS re-architecture + community software dev
- 2:30 - 2:45: Break
- 2:45 - 3:30: Presentations
- 3:30 - 4:30: Facilitated discussion: bags + PLN data hand-offs
- 6 pm: Dinner (provided, alcohol not included, location: Bodeguita del Medio)
- 9:30 - 10:45: Unconference planning
- 10:45 - 11:00: Break
- 11:00 - noon: Unconference sessions
- noon - 1:15: Lunch on campus (on your own/small groups)
- 1:15 - 2:30 Unconference sessions
- 2:30 - 2:45 Break
- 2:45 - 3:45 Unconference sessions
- 3:45 - 4:15 Wrap-up
Registration is free, and open to all PLNs. As in previous years, we need to limit the number of participants from each PLN to two. If you haven’t already, please let Nicholas know if you would plan to attend so we can budget appropriately for catering.
To make the most of our unconference time, we're canvassing in advance what topics you'd like to discuss or, better, for which you'd like to lead discussion. Other possibilities are sharing local work of potential applicability to other PLNs or facilitating use of new tools. Please share ideas to the PLN list.
Other options may be found in either direction along El Camino Real, though this may put you outside of walking distance. Consult the system map for the free Stanford University shuttle or other local transportation options.
Public transportation options to/from local airports and around the area can be found here.