PLN Community Meeting 2015
The 2015 PLN Community Meeting will be held in Vancouver, British Columbia on October 22 and 23. The first day will be held at SFU's Vancouver campus (Harbour Centre, 515 West Hastings Street, room 1510). The second day will feature unconference events and will be held at SFU's main campus, at the WAC Bennett Library (we’ll provide bus tickets and instructions to get to and from SFU Burnaby).
October 22 (Harbour Centre, downtown Vancouver)
- 9 am - noon: General meeting
- 9:00 - 9:15: Coffee
- 9:15 - 9:30: Welcome
- 9:30 - 10:15: Update from LOCKSS
- 10:15 - 10:30: Break
- 10:30 - 12:00 Round table updates from the PLNs
- noon - 1 pm: Lunch (provided)
- 1 - 4:30: General meeting
- 7 pm: Dinner at the Rogue (provided)
October 23 (WAC Bennett Library, SFU Burnaby Campus)
- 9:30 - noon: Unconference sessions
- noon - 1: Lunch on campus (on your own/small groups)
- 1 - 4:30: Unconference sessions
Registration is free, and open to all PLNs. As in previous years, we need to limit the number of people from each PLN to 2. If you haven’t already, please let Bronwen or Mark know if you would like to attend so we can budget for catering appropriately.
This year's meeting is immediately before the DFL Forum. Double up on these two events and save airfare!
So far we have these:
- Overview of digital preservation assessment methods (certification / self-assessment tools) - Umar Qasim
- Hands on with LOCKSS-O-Matic - Mark Jordan and Michael Joyce
- Brainstorming ways to simplify/streamline plugin development and content testing - Tom Lipkis
- Strategies for exposing content in PLNs - James Jacobs
We have secured a block of 20 rooms at the Pinnacle Hotel Vancouver, at the DLF conference rate. This map shows the location of the Pinnacle in relation to Harbour Centre (about a 10 minute walk). Use this link to book a room at the Pinnacle.
If you prefer accommodations closer to the meeting venue, the Delta Vancouver Suites are direclty across the street.